add externalmenu to XFCE-menu...

Andrew Conkling andrew.conkling at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 20:17:47 CET 2006

On 2/13/06, Matthias Schäfer <m.schaefer at koios.de> wrote:
> I'm using latest svn version of xfce4. I tried to add an external menu
> to the xfce-menu (respectively to the desktopmenu) by editing the
> ~/.config/xfce4/desktop/menu.xml file. I added the following line:
>
> <include type="file" src="/etc/xdg/menus/debian-menu.menu"/>
>
> The //etc/xdg/menus/debian-menu.menu/ file exists and is a xml 1.0
> formated menu (after freedesktop.org's menustandard). Why doesn't that
> menu be displayed?

I've had a problem getting the menueditor to work with adding an
external menu.  IIRC, opening up the xml file, I found that it was
missing a closing </menu> tag.  Manually putting it in works fine.

I've been meaning to check bugzilla on this and report a bug if
nothing was there.   (I just checked and didn't see anything.)  Maybe
you could confirm that that works for you before I report anything?

Cheers,
Andrew

--
http://aconkling.blogspot.com