Nautilus Killed my XFCE Backdrop

Craig A. Betts craig_a_betts at raytheon.com
Thu Feb 9 21:03:18 CET 2006

I used a "feature" in Thunderbird to view a document in an email.  It
launched Nautilus to accomplish this.  Now my XFCE backdrop is all black
and the desktop menu is no longer accessable.  How can I fix this?  I
tried looking at the latest files changed in my home directory (ls
-latr).  The only thing I see that makes sense is .gconf-csw and
.gconfd.  I am running XFCE v4.2.1 (BlastWave Package) on Solaris 10
w/latest patchset.  I also have the complete BlastWave Gnome package
installed.

Things I have tried include:

* Removing the .gconf-csw and .gconfd directories
* Logging out and back in
* Looking for processes in ps output that are not normally there

TIA
--
Craig A. Betts
Senior Technical Support Engineer