[SPAMKLASSAT av SU] Bug: If you modifiy the "Hinting" setting, fonts are too big...

Jérémie jeremie.bellini at laposte.net
Sat Dec 30 15:05:35 CET 2006

Hi ! I think I encountered a bug. At the beginning I was playing with
all XFCE settings and especially with the Hinting setting. I found that
if you modify this setting (even if you put it back to its original
value afterward), after a reboot (I think that only rebooting X does the
same) the fonts will appear too large. The size of the font is still the
same if you consider the settings dialog box (Sans, 9) but the fonts are
actually bigger. The only way to get rid of that is to remove the
'.config/xfce4' folder of your home directoy. Maybe a more precise
removing will do the job but I couldn't find it yet (removing only
'.config/xfce4/mcs_settings/gtk.xml' doesn't work).

Do someone has already encountered that problem? If not, how to report
that bug to XFCE developers?

--
Jérémie