Looking for a screen-saver with a working clock

Bob Snyder bob.snyder at cox.net
Sat Dec 30 01:14:07 CET 2006

Paul Smith wrote:
> On 12/29/06, Les Gray <lgray at bigpond.net.au> wrote:
>
>> I use Xubuntu, which ships with xscreensaver. In the screensaver
>> settings manager, under the 'advanced' tab,  you have an option to
>> display host name and time on your chosen screensaver.
>>
>> Paul Smith schrieb:
>>
>>> Is there some screen-saver with a working clock for XFCE?
>>>

> No, I do not mean that; I mean a screen-saver like the ones at
>
> http://www.qwhale.com/products/screensaver/

Well, it's not exactly the same, but the "GLText (clock)" option in
xscreensaver gives a very nice 3D digital clock that can be configured
to show the day/date/time and arbitrary text. It can also move and
rotate. It's all configurable, so maybe you can get it to display just
what you want. It doesn't do an analog clock however.

Bob S.