Changing colors of themes

JoeHill joehill at sympatico.ca
Fri Dec 29 22:27:03 CET 2006

On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 21:04:21 +0000
Paul Smith got an infinite number of monkeys to type out:

> I am using the Clearlooks-Olive as theme. Is it possible to change the
> Olive color by Dark Yellow?

...you should be able to just edit the .gtkrc for the theme, just pick a colour
in Gimp or whatever, do a search and replace on the main them colour (ie.
scrollbar, highlights, etc.).

If it's in /usr, just cp it to your ~/, rename it to your liking, then edit at
will.

I've done that with a couple of the Murrina themes, love the fact I can
overcome my colour-blindness by using hex values ;-)

--
JoeHill