Where are contents of Notes Plugin stored?

JoeHill joehill at sympatico.ca
Sat Dec 23 12:49:33 CET 2006

On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 12:32:26 +0100
Mike Massonnet got an infinite number of monkeys to type out:

> > Sorry, found the data, seems because the version of the Notes plugin had
> > changed, it was reading from a new rc file. I'll try and figure out how to
> > get the data over, at least I know it's there. Sorry for the...well, being
> > annoying. This has not been a good week :-\
> >

> If you upgrade the notes plugin from the 4.2 panel, to 4.4, you will
> *lost* your data.
>
> The only way is to open the old file (an XML IIRC), and copy/paste the
> data.  Dunno what version you are running, but the notes plugin 1.4
> stores the data in a simple RC file: ~/.config/xfce4/panel/notes.rc.

Yep, like I said *I FOUND IT*. LOL!

> And in case if you'll come back and ring for "multiple windows", those
> aren't.  You can store multiple notes in tabs.  And, there are no
> colors.

No problems! Like I said, I found the data, I reloaded it into a new rcfile,
and all is well. And I really don't get what you're implying with the 'come
back and ring', I've been using 4.4RC1 or RC2 for quite some time now, and I
know how to use the notes plugin :-\

...did I do something to seriously piss you people off? If so, I'm really,
really sorry. I did not intend to. However, I'm sensing a somewhat hostile tone
to the replies. I realize sometimes I 'jump the gun' and post before I really
take the time to figger' it out m'self, but I mean no harm, and of course, you
have absolutely no obligation to answer if it's an RTFM issue, I'm perfectly
comfortable w/ that.

Anyhow, I really hope you guys have some time off comin' up, whether it's
Christmas or not, and thank you very much, *once again!*, for a *fantastic*
Desktop, one that I recommend to everyone.

Cheers all!