Transparent Panels

JoeHill joehill at sympatico.ca
Thu Dec 21 09:15:52 CET 2006

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 18:56:29 +0100
Mike Massonnet got an infinite number of monkeys to type out:

> Nice!

Oh, it just get's better. I took the plunge and upped to MDV 2007, and wouldn't
ya know it...it's bloody fast. XOrg 7.1.1 with composite...wow. I was actually
going to ask about a way to slow the fade out *down*! heh, maybe next release,
eh?

> I dunno how you installed Terminal, but if you did it by compiling from
> sources, and you have libvte >= 0.13.3, then you can apply the second
> patch from this page:
> http://mmassonnet.blogspot.com/2006/11/real-traparent-terminal-yet-again.html
> So you will be able to set the opacity of the solid background.

Well, I now have 0.14, so I might just give 'er a shot :-) I'm pretty sure I've
got every devel lib there is, and some there aren't, so what the heck, that
would be like...the Holy Grail of Transparent Terminals (angels singing).

First, I's gotta read 'man patch' ;-)

Thanks! This was part of the 'impetus' that moved me to upgrade, as scary as
that can be on MDV :-D

--
JoeHill / RLU #282046 / www.freeyourmachine.org