Thunar and startup notification?

Niki Kovacs contact at kikinovak.net
Wed Dec 20 10:15:02 CET 2006

Hi,

When creating a launcher icon on the panel, I have the choice to enable
the startup notification, e. g. when I click on Thunderbird's icon in
the panel, for example, a little clock is displayed besides the cursor
to show that there's some startup activity going on.

On the other hand, simply double-clicking on files - either on the
desktop, or in some directory in Thunar - doesn't show the startup
notification. Which isn't annoying for me... only for users here. I've
watched them at work. They double-click on, say, an .odt file (which is
supposed to be opened with OpenOffice Writer). Nothing happens, so they
double-click again. And again. And again. Until there's no RAM left:oD

Q: is there a way to activate startup notifications for double-clicking
on icons?

Cheers,

Niki