Transparent Panels

JoeHill joehill at sympatico.ca
Tue Dec 19 15:32:03 CET 2006

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 15:09:29 +0100
Mike Massonnet got an infinite number of monkeys to type out:

> On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 08:27:36AM -0500, JoeHill wrote:
> > On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 13:39:55 +0100
> > Mike Massonnet got an infinite number of monkeys to type out:

> > > I've no clue.. :/  Maybe killall xfwm4, and then run it again with xfwm4
> > > --compositor=on
> >
> > Bingo! Looks like I had some leftovers from an older version of XFCE, had to
> > edit a couple of configs as per the 4.2 docs, log out and back in and...WOW.
> > Cool. Many thanks!
> >
> Cool, and for the record, a transparency slider shows up like this one:
> http://www-test.xfce.org/images/projects/xfce4-panel/xfce4-panel-panel-manager.png
> if you run everything fine.

Nah, not there. Seeing as this seems to be a 'conflict' between old and new
configs (that's my best guess...about as reliable as a Ford), is there
something I should be looking for that is not being run 'fine'?

In any case, this XFCE compositor is waaaaaaaay better than that xcompmgr,
that's for sure, the shadows are sharper and more realistic, and xcompmgr was
irritating as heck, shading didn't work, moving windows would leave
artifacts...yuk. At the very least I've got a non-bug-ridden compo mgr :-)

If ya have any ideas about the panel, lemme know, but otherwise many thanks for
pointing me in the right direction. I never thought of looking at the 4.2 docs
because I didn't think this was even possible....waaaay back then! LOL!

Cheers mate.

--
JoeHill / RLU #282046