Building XFCE 4.4 RC - X Dependencies issue

Kevin Fenzi kevin at tummy.com
Fri Dec 15 18:04:12 CET 2006

On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 17:58:26 +0530
lokesh.babu at gmail.com ("Lokesh Babu. M.") wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I am trying build latest XFCE44RC on Fedora 6, I am getting this
> dependency issues
>
> checking for X... no
> configure: error: X Window system libraries and header files are
> required !! Failed to configure libxfce4mcs, see the errors above
> !! for details on the problem.
>
> A note at the XFCE web site says that xorg-x11-devel is prerequisite.
> But I am not finding that in any of fedora repo's.
>
>  please help me,

xorg-x11-devel is the older non modular X. It was in fc5 and older.
In fc6, they are using the modular xorg packages, which splits out
things into lots of smaller packages.

To build a libxfce4mcs you need (at least):

imake (needed for the test in the configure script)
libXt-devel
and of course libxfcegui4-devel and libxfce4util-devel

You're welcome to look at my spec file for libxfce4mcs:
http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/rpms/libxfce4mcs/FC-6/?root=extras

Of course you can also just install from the packages with yum and not
worry about building them all as well. ;) ('yum groupinstall XFCE').

> Regards,
> Lokesh Babu. M.

kevin