OT Re: Locale settings not honoured - file bug report?

Terry teaman at exemail.com.au
Wed Dec 13 02:42:29 CET 2006

Joe Klemmer wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-12-12 at 11:14 -0500, Rinaldi J. Montessi wrote:
>

>> It's been my experience where technical problems are being discussed
>> it's beneficial to leave all text quoted and bottom posted so a
>> complete history of the discussion is available without having to
>> search back through MID's in the header.
>>
>> Otherwise group policy should prevail.
>>

>    If you read by threads then the full back-quoting makes it more
> difficult because you have to keep paging down many, many times bast
> text you've already read in context to get to the responses.
>
>    But there's no consensus on the One True Way<tm> of replying to
> mailing lists.

The complaint I got on the other list arose, I believe, because the
person concerned found he had to go back and re-read previous messages
to remind himself of the course of the discussion.

He felt that was discourteous of me and quoted some RFC, possibly RFC
1855.  Whether it was revenge or not, he did not explain "RFC" (of which
I had never heard) or provide any link.

For other fortunate souls who have never encountered RFC 1855, it's here:

http://www.dtcc.edu/cs/rfc1855.html

--

Xfce on PCLinuxOS, OOo 2.0.2 (en_GB).
Direct mail to teaman is not opened; if necessary, email realmail.