Locale settings not honoured - file bug report?

Terry teaman at exemail.com.au
Tue Dec 12 10:44:18 CET 2006

Joe Klemmer wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-12-08 at 22:19 -0500, Erik Harrison wrote:
>

>> You should alter the xinitrc script used to launch Xfce to source
>> /etc/sysconfig/i18n (it's in /etc/X11/xinitrc/xinitrc.xfce on my
>> system) by adding
>>
>> .  /etc/sysconfig/i18n
>>
>> at the top of the script.
>>

> 	You might try 'cp /etc/sysconfig/i18n ~/.i18n' and see if that works.
>
> 	This problem isn't an Xfce one but one where the default environment of
> your distro is nonstandard or something similar.

I'll try a link instead.  In the meantime, a distro developer has
proposed a different fix, so I'll try that first.

I take your point about trimming quotes from previous messages.  I can't
win with that one.  On another list I was taken to task by a very
serious individual for trimming excessively.

--

Xfce on PCLinuxOS, OOo 2.0.2 (en_GB).
Direct mail to teaman is not opened; if necessary, email realmail.