Locale settings not honoured - file bug report?

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 21:49:52 CET 2006

On 12/9/06, Terry <teaman at exemail.com.au> wrote:
> > On 12/8/06, Terry <teaman at exemail.com.au> wrote:
> Thank you.  I have no idea why just adding the file reference should
> invoke the settings it contains but I've done that anyway.  The file is
> /etc/X11/xdg/xfce4/xinitrc

The period is like an include operator in sh. So
period-space-filename is as if that file's contents were cut and
pasted into the current script.

So, to be perhaps excessively detailed, you are now including the
contents of a system wide file in the script that launched Xfce.
xinitrc loads values from /etc/sysconfig/i18n, and then launched the
session manager, the session manager inherits those locale values and
passes them on to the various applications it starts, like the panel,
or the file manager. Apps then launched from the panel, the file
manager, or the desktop inherit the locale.

Tell me if this works

> I will report the results of the change.
>
> I am also filing a post in the forum thread relating to the particular
> repository and will follow that up as I am inspired and moved to do so.
>
> --
>
> Xfce on PCLinuxOS, OOo 2.0.2 (en_GB).
> Direct mail to teaman is not opened; if necessary, email realmail.
> If you're seeking, check out http://www.rci.org.au

Erik

<@kazin> why does php have 'echo' and 'print'?  Do they do different things?
<Bluefoxicy> kazin:  echo prints in a big empty room