Custom Actions calling Term

JoeHill joehill at sympatico.ca
Fri Dec 8 16:09:17 CET 2006

On Fri, 8 Dec 2006 14:59:29 +0100
Alexander Toresson got an infinite number of monkeys to type out:

> > > I think you forgot to actually give the file you want to burn as an
> > > argument to cdrecord.
> >
> > That's supplied by the %N.
> >

> Yes, but it's only passed to the burn_iso script, not to cdrecord.

Ah, okay, so that's why I had to put the full command, rather than the script.

However, another action which I configured worked the opposite way, perhaps
because of the nature of the commands run in the script? Ex.:

#!/bin/sh
for i in *.mp3; do lame --decode $i `basename $i .mp3`.wav; done;

...called 'mp3towav', and called from the context menu like so:

Terminal -x mp3towav %N

In *that* case, the filename is supplied within the script, right?

Obviously my skills at copy -> paste are far better than my understanding of
scripting ;-)

Thanks for the clarification! I've got a whole whack of scripts I used with ROX
Filer, and I'm slowly moving stuff over as I get used to Thunar, that tip will
help a lot.

--
JoeHill / RLU #282046