Trouble with session...

pk peterk2 at coolmail.se
Tue Dec 5 20:50:48 CET 2006

Hi!

I've been running xfce4 smoothly for quite a few years now. My deepest
respect and thanks to the developers! Recently I upgraded my
gentoo-install with gcc4.1.1 and glibc 2.4. Ever since then I've been
experiencing an annoying anomaly; whenever I log in to my machine (XDM
as display manager) there's a pause for a couple of seconds when
xfce4(2.3.2) loads. In my session I have two xterms, one on each side of
the screen (100x85 in size, screen size is 1600x1200). When fully loaded
the two xterms are there but only in a 80x24 size, so it seems that
session only remembers what program to start not it's position anymore.
This has worked for quite a few years now but since the upgrade it
doesn't anymore... Is this a known problem?

Best regards

Peter K