force start of a program when XFce starts?

Anthony Ewell aewell at gbis.com
Mon Dec 4 02:05:16 CET 2006

Mike Massonnet wrote:
> Fri, 01 Dec 2006 18:13:46 -0800 - Anthony Ewell <aewell at gbis.com>
> wrote :
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I have been puttering around the manual at
>>
>>         http://www.xfce.org/documentation/docs-4.2/
>>
>> looking for how to force a program (Parallels, in
>> this case) to start every time XFce starts.
>>
>> Would some kind person point me the right spot
>> in the manual?  Or, other reference, if not in
>> the manual?
>>

>   Settings > Autostarted applications, it's only in the menu, not in the
> Xfce Settings Manager.
>
>   You can also run `xfce4-autostart-editor` from a command line.

Hi Mike,

    Oh crap.  I am not finding a xfce4-atuostart-editor.  I
looked in

    ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/CentOS/4.4/extras/i386/RPMS

    No joy.  By any chance, is this utility part of the release candidate
that does not come with rpm's or a tar ball that rpm's can be created
from?

    Are there any directions on how to do this by hand somewhere?
(I am pretty good with vi.)

Many thanks,
--Tony

rpm -qa \*xfce\*