force start of a program when XFce starts?

Terry teaman at exemail.com.au
Sat Dec 2 03:21:41 CET 2006

Anthony Ewell wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have been puttering around the manual at
>
>         http://www.xfce.org/documentation/docs-4.2/
>
> looking for how to force a program (Parallels, in
> this case) to start every time XFce starts.
>
> Would some kind person point me the right spot
> in the manual?  Or, other reference, if not in
> the manual?
>
> Many thanks,
> --Tony

It seems that the only way is to place a desktop file in
~/.config/autostart.

I succeeded in starting Bittorrent that way but it is very slow.  I
modelled the file on one I discovered in /etc/X11/xdg/autostart/   I
have not tried using an ordinary shell script such as I used in Kde.

--

Xfce on PCLinuxOS, OOo 2.0.2 (en_GB).
Direct mail to teaman is not opened; if necessary, email realmail.