[Terminal] "--tab" option miss-behaves

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Fri Dec 1 23:43:35 CET 2006

On Wed, 2006-11-29 at 18:00 +0100, Liviu Andronic wrote:

> > > --tab opens a new tab in the new window, so it works as
> > > documented.

	I've been thinking about this and I'm curious about something...  What
is the benefit of this switch?  It doesn't make any sense to open
another terminal with a second tab running a program like this.  You'd
either want to run the program on an existing terminal or run it in it's
own terminal.  So what's the rational for --tab performing in the
existing way?

(This is not a flame, it is an honest request for information)