double click to select phrase

Anthony Ewell aewell at gbis.com
Thu Aug 24 07:29:06 CEST 2006

Hi All,

    I just assembled a CentOS 4.3 server (has XFce on
the disk!).  It defaults to gnome (or something that looks
like gnome).

    Okay, I have to come clean here.  I use GUI's in Linux so
I can open up EVEN MORE text terminals.

    In the gnome terminals and the raw terminal (no GUI), I
noticed that double clicking on a phrase will highlight the
entire phrase.  Where in XFce, I only get a single word
highlighted.  (I then paste with the middle mouse button.)

    For instance, in gnome or raw terminal, double clinking on
the "Try" of the phrase "Try_and_copy_me", highlights
the entire phrase, where in XFce, I only get the "Try"
highlighted.

    Is there a way to configure XFce to act like gnome and
the raw terminal in this respect?

Many thanks,
-T