KDE & XFCE4 happy together on debian etch?

Bruno Jesus XFCE myxfce at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 04:22:07 CEST 2006

On 8/19/06, Andrew Robinson <andrew.rw.robinson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Any advice?

libgamin and libfam are XOR packages, you can have only one installed
at a time. It's not possible to have both installed. Thunar uses gamin
and kde uses fam (these programs are used to monitor file alterations
on directories telling the app that the directory has changed so it
should reload the directory contents).

I really think it will not be possible to do this using apt. If you
want to try, remove the libgamin (thunar will also be removed) and
install kdelibs... Then install thunar from the source code without
gamin support.