KDE & XFCE4 happy together on debian etch?

Søren Boll Overgaard boll at fork.dk
Sat Aug 19 12:49:00 CEST 2006

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 18, 2006 at 04:53:15PM -0600, Andrew Robinson wrote:
> Hopefully there is a debian user here who can help me. I am trying to
> install a product from source that requires KDE headers in the
> configure routine.  So I went to install "kdelibs" and "kdelibs4-dev".
> Both want me to remove XFCE as part of the apt install.
>
> I am knew to debian (slackware user). Any course recommended?

Please provide additional information.
First, the output from "apt-get install kdelibs kdelibs4-dev" will probably be
helpful. Additionally, please specify the version of Debian you are using, and
the contents of /etc/apt/sources.list if it contains anything out of the
ordinary.

I have no problem installing the libraries you mention.

--
Søren O.

"Oh, bother" said the Borg, "we've assimilated Pooh".