International keyboard

joe_schmoe geek_show at dsl.pipex.com
Sat Aug 19 00:05:02 CEST 2006

Hi all

I'm on a Slack10.2 machine that is running the default Slack Xfce4.2.0
desktop. I am based in the UK so I want to be able to use a UK keyboard.
I also dual-boot into other Linux distros and WinXP. Whenever I come
back into Xfce though - it never remembers my keyboard map preference.
How can I get it to remember it from one login to the next. KDE does it,
but I don't know how. To get the keyboard map to coincide with the keys
I'm using I have to enter kxkb at the command line. That is a bit of a pain.

Any thoughts/ideas/fixes?

Cheers

/js