What applications do Xfce users use?

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Fri Aug 18 18:37:48 CEST 2006

On Fri, 2006-08-18 at 08:41 +0200, samuel verstraete wrote:

> - As a spreadsheet i choose gnumeric... Though it does depend on some
> gnome stuff you can actually compile it with some gnome libs disabled
> and with no noticable reduction of functionality... IMHO gnumeric is
> way better than the openoffice spreadsheet... Especially the
> integration of R is fantastic...

	If I remember right (a small miracle) gnumeric is the spreadsheet app
that's got the most MS-Excel compatibility of any spreadsheet app.

	Which reminds me...  I forgot to mention in my "this is what I use"
message that I do keep most all the options for apps installed.  I have
Koffice, ApplixWare, AbiWord/GNUmeric/Scribus installed for Office
functionality.  Dillo, w3m, links & lynx for browsing the web.  Kmail to
compliment Evo & T-bird.  I also have a little app that I find very
handy.  It's called Convert All and, just like it's name suggests, it
converts units of measurement to other units of measurement.  I use the
lbs to kg often to get a better sense of how bad my tonnage is getting.
At my last weigh in I was in the 260lb/118kg range.  :-P