Xfce Digest, Vol 33, Issue 29

Gregoire Gentil gregoire at gentil.com
Wed Aug 16 22:35:48 CEST 2006

> Atleast for firefox that's easy:
>
> cat <<EOF >> ~/.local/share/applications/defaults.list
> indode/directory=Thunar-folder-handler.desktop
> x-directory/normal=Thunar-folder-handler.desktop
> x-directory/gnome-default-handler=Thunar-folder-handler.desktop
> EOF
-1. There was probably a small typo: it's inode I think.

-2. Also there is quite a debate in the Gnome community on
"gnome-default-handler" arguing if it's a mime or not. I'm not sure to
understand the implications.

-3. I tried the modification and it doesn't seem to change the dialog
box. See attached screen (only sent to Benedikt to avoid overloading the
list). Is it the Thunar or Nautilus dialog box that I get?

-4. If it's the Thunar dialog box, where is the c file that creates the
Documents, desktop and file system icons?

Thanks by advance,

Gregoire