xfce4-menueditor crashes when saving

LaPeq FCI lapeqmack at gmail.com
Sun Aug 13 04:58:10 CEST 2006

2006/8/12, Jean-François Wauthy <pollux at xfce.org>:
> On Sat, 2006-08-12 at 11:34 -0300, LaPeq FCI wrote:
> > Where do I download xfce4-menueditor source code?
> >
> > The url http://svn.xfce.org/svn/xfce/ does not have it.
> >
> http://svn.xfce.org/svn/xfce/xfdesktop/trunk/menueditor/

Thanks, I managed to learn svn today and got the latest xfce from the
server. After compiling lots of xfce things I noticed that the bug was
fixed in this latest branch. It is now possible to add the quit button
and save without any problem.

But looking at the source code I've found something strange under the
menueditor-main-window.c in the funciont

static gboolean save_treeview_in_file (MenuEditorMainWindow *window) (line 1991)

A fopen is realized and tested with an "if" (line 2001) but no "else"
is set and the function ever assumes TRUE as a return. What if the
file could not be opened for example because of permission problems?

> --
> Jean-François Wauthy <pollux at xfce.org>

LaPeq - Laboratório de Pesquisa Científica da FCI