Switching default email clients [OT]

Patrick Wiseman pwiseman at mindspring.com
Fri Aug 11 18:14:41 CEST 2006

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 at 9:50am, Peter N. Spotts wrote:

:I suspect this is depressingly simple, but it's got me bamboozled (maybe
:my second cup of coffee hasn't kicked in yet). I've switched from
:Sylpheed-Claws to Thunderbird as my email client. But whenever I click on
:an email link on a web page displayed in Firefox, I continue to get SC --
:even though both gnome-default-applications-properties and Xfce's default
:applications configurator have Thunderbird specified as the default email
:client. I guess SC won't go away without a fight! Any thought on what to
:tweak?

It's not an xfce issue, but a Firefox tweak.  Go to about 'about:config'
in the location window and set network.protocol-handler.app.mailto to
point to the path to thunderbird.

Patrick