Windows XP XFCE

Craig A. Betts craig_a_betts at raytheon.com
Thu Aug 10 17:14:03 CEST 2006

Vincent Groenewold wrote:
> How would it be possible for 400 people not to notice a big difference,
> that's rediculous. A GUI isn't
> just about the looks, XFCE handles quite a bit different in many ways.
>

> On 10/08/06, *Stavros Giannouris* <stavrosg2002 at freemail.gr
> <mailto:stavrosg2002 at freemail.gr>> wrote:
>
>     Στις Thu, 10 Aug 2006 07:42:07 -0700
>     Ο/Η ninjabytes <ninjabytes at gmail.com <mailto:ninjabytes at gmail.com>>
>     έγραψε:
>
>      > we have a total of 400 desktops that currently run on windows xp, we
>      > are migrating over Linux+XFCE on it and we dont want our users to
>      > notify the big diference you know, so we want to keep that XP-look
>      > still, thats mainly why.
>      >
>      > Again, know of a good XP theme?
>      >
>      >
>     There are the GTK & Xfwm themes 'RendmondXP' already included with
>     Xfce. Are these lacking in any respect?
>
>     Regards,
>     --
>     Stavros Giannouris                          Jabber:
>     stavrosg at jabber.org <mailto:stavrosg at jabber.org>
>
>     "Hello. I'm a signature virus.
>     Just copy me to your signature  to help me spread"

I have a script that performs BSOD at random intervals . . .

Actually, if you want to keep the XP feel, you might want to look at
IceWM.  Personally, I like the XFCE feel of things, but I have
transitioned users from Windows, and its not easy.

Feel free to email me direct if you would like to know what to expect,
since I am bordering, if not totally, off-topic.

--
Craig A. Betts
Senior Technical Support Engineer