testing 4.3.90.1: problems

Niki Kovacs contact at kikinovak.net
Sun Apr 30 12:35:33 CEST 2006

Le Dimanche 30 Avril 2006 08:18, Brian J. Tarricone a écrit :

> See:
> http://www.xfce.org/index.php?page=documentation&lang=en#install

Ah, didn't see that. Thanks. Q: is the dev-tools package *required* for the
rest to run correctly?

> > For the moment I've built the essential packages like in 4.2.3.2: XFCE
> > starts OK, except the mouse pointer is a big "X", and app windows have no
> > titlebars and no buttons to close/reduce/maximize.
>
> Sounds like xfwm4 is not running.

Well, I've built everything in a similar order to 4.2.3.2, but I see now that
this was not correct. I'll give it another shot with the new instruction set.

General question: in about a month or so, I'll have to install Linux on
several machines in some sort of public cyber-café... do you think the new
xfce will be production-ready until then (or maybe it is already)? For the
moment, I have 4.2.3.2 on my main production machines, with svn versions of
libexo and thunar -> runs very nice, and never lets me down.

Niki