Will using KDE programs use too much system resources?

Nikolas Arend Nikolas.Arend at gmx.net
Fri Apr 28 17:35:39 CEST 2006

>> I have only a very limited knowledge of how windows managers work, so
>> if there is a technical reason for a given answer, I'd like to know it
>> so that I can learn. From what I could google, if there is a drawback
>> to using KDE apps in Xfce, it is because of libraries being loaded.
>> But is this persistant after I close the app? Thanks.
>>

> It's not only libraries, see above.

I forgot... the extra KDE core stuff that gets launched with the app
should die with it when you close it. If all goes well, that is ;-) But
if you tend to use KDE apps frequently during your every day work, it's
maybe not a bad idea to start the KDE services at login and keep them
alive since then KDE apps will start up faster.

Nick.