Hebrew Support

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 20:56:46 CEST 2006

On 4/26/06, Andrew Conkling <andrew.conkling at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/26/06, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I've spent some time on google and I see that Xfce does in fact have a
> > Hebrew translation. I'd like to install it (I very much _need_ to
> > install it). However, I can find no howto on the subject. Er, how to
> > do it? I am on Kubuntu 5.10 on a 1.5Ghz P4 with 256MB RAM. Thanks.
>
> Add the universe repositories and 'sudo apt-get install xfce4'; that
> should be it.  As for getting Hebrew specifically, I'm not sure,
> though I think all it takes is a properly set locale.
>
> Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.
>
> HTH,
> Andrew

Wow, I feel stupid. The menus are in half-English, half-Hebrew. The
English stood out for me, I didn't even notice the Hebrew was
there....

But there is still the problem of entering Hebrew text. I went to
System -> Keyboard and some other places, but cannot find out how to
switch from English Text to Hebrew. How is the language switched?
Thanks.

Dotan Cohen
http://simplesniff.com