running applets

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 20:58:11 CEST 2006

If you mean DockApps (Like for WindowMaker's dock, or *box's slit)
then Xfce has no built in support for them. I don't know of any third
party application of panel plugin that enables support for dockapps
either.

Anyone else know if there is a thirdparty "dockapp" holder?

On 4/24/06, Roger D Vargas <luo_hei at yahoo.es> wrote:

> Stefan Stuhr escribió:
> > søn, 23 04 2006 kl. 08:34 -0400, skrev Roger D Vargas:
> >> How can I configure Xfce to run some desktop applets?
> >
> > What kind of desktop applets?
> applets for Window Manager (also run in Fluxbox).
>
> >       * GNOME panel applets? xfapplet-plugin[1] for the Xfce 4.4 panel
> >         should be able to do it.
> >       * KDE panel applets? You can't do that. It may (or may not) be
> >         possible to implement something like xfapplet-plugin for
> >         xfce4-panel, but it's not implemented yet.
> >       * Desklets/"Desktop Widgets"? You can use adesklets[2] or
> >         gDesklets[3].
> >
> > [1]: You can find xfapplet-plugin at http://xfce-goodies.berlios.de/ -
> > You may
> >      have to use the version from SVN. I don't know how usable it is.
> > [2]: http://adesklets.sourceforge.net/ - doesn't depend on GNOME.
> > [3]: http://www.gdesklets.org/ and
> > http://gdesklets.gnomedesktop.org/contact.php
> >      - gDesklets depends on GNOME.
> >
> > Stefan

> --
> http://dsgp.blogspot.com | Linux, programación, juegos
> Have no place I can be since I found Serenity
> But you can't take the sky from me

Erik

"If Beethoven had been killed in a plane crash at the age of 22, it
would have changed the history of music... and of aviation."