Building xfwm4 on Debian with --enable-compositor problem.

James Westby jw+xfce at jameswestby.net
Sun Apr 23 12:35:12 CEST 2006

On (23/04/06 12:24), Samuli Suominen wrote:
> I can't get the build-in compositor to build with Debian. Also remember
> there was a solution for this, saw it in #xfce on Freenode, was a matter
> of changing one line in one file but I've forgotten about it. Anyone
> care to remind me?

How far have you got? I managed to get it to work, but it was a bit of
a struggle due to dependencies.

1) apt-get source xfwm4
2) Add --enable-compositor to the configure line in debian/rules
3) dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot
4) Look for compositor lines in the output of the configure script. I
think they were the two lines after the xrandr lines.
5) If they are missing try
apt-get install xtrans-dev xutils-dev libxres-dev libxrender-dev
libxrandr-dev libxinerama-dev libxfixes-dev libxext-dev libxdamage-dev
libxcomposite-dev
(might be a bit overkill)

I have the deb I compiled if you're really stuck and would like it.

James