Xfce 4.4 beta1 (4.3.90.1) - Lost my configs...

gv gvlistes at bluewin.ch
Wed Apr 19 11:26:19 CEST 2006

Olivier Fourdan wrote:

>>   Ok, it's a beta so I knew what I did... ;-) But if the final version
>>has the same "problem", one could think two times before switching...
>>;-) My panel was a patient work of at least two years...
>>

>Well, you have not lost the previous config, it's just not being used
>anymore. The panel now uses different files instead of a single one. If
>you switch back to xfce 4.2, you should get your previous panel config
>(make sure you backup it first, in case).

    Olivier,

    I just come back to thank you for the help I received here; this
beta version is stunning.

    One more observation about the config files... Ok, I didn't lose
them, but, in fact, I can't use them anymore if I want to update... Do
you really see a difference, beyond the rhetorical aspect, I mean... ;-)

    Cheers,
    Gérald

P.S. When I build a menu with a launcher in the panel, it seems I can't
anymore choose the arrow's position (only lateral).