Xfce 4.4 - Icon problem

roger rstmp at iinet.com.au
Wed Apr 19 01:33:51 CEST 2006

Hi guys,

I just downloaded the fat tarball of Xfce 4.4 beta 1 and compiled it from
source (I didn't use any installer).
Basically I compiled everything except exo, mousepad, Terminal and Thunar (I
plan to see for those later on); then I installed gtk-xfce-engine in /usr and
the rest in /usr/local, on top of the previous Xfce 4.2 (I didn't remove
anything prior to this new installation).

Xfce 4.4 seems to start properly, the panel is there, as well as xfdesktop and
xfwm. However, I have problems with icons - see
http://rmlx.dyndns.org/misc/Screenshot.png

I created a few panel launchers. They work fine but no icons are displayed.
Besides, the Setting Manager only displays a couple of icons!? Changing
(general) Themes using the User Interface Preferences GUI seems to work
flawlessly. However, nothing happens whatever Icon Theme I choose.

Any pointer would be appreciated.
I'm running Mandriva 2006 on 32-bit x86.

Many thanks for your great work,
Roger