Xfce 4.4 beta1 (4.3.90.1) - Lost my configs...

gv gvlistes at bluewin.ch
Tue Apr 18 23:36:28 CEST 2006

Olivier Fourdan wrote:

>Well, you have not lost the previous config, it's just not being used
>anymore. The panel now uses different files instead of a single one. If
>you switch back to xfce 4.2, you should get your previous panel config
>(make sure you backup it first, in case).
>
>As of the new panel configuration system, it's a huge improvement, so
>it's not likely to be reverted for the final release ;)

    I'm playing with the new launchers and it's quite interesting...
Maybe the opportunity to clean my system... ;-)

>>   Just another one...  The  killer question: How to get rid of the
>>taskbar, now?  I can't find any process looking like this app...
>>

>Right click, "Customize Panel" make sure you select the right panel from
>the list and click "-" to remove it :)

   Ok, I'll have to get used to recognize the '-'/'+'... ;-)

   As we're talking about huge improvements: will my current config will
be saved or do I have to disconnect with the "save the session" option?

   Merci infiniment,

Gérald