Xfce 4.4 beta1 (4.3.90.1) - Lost my configs...

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Tue Apr 18 22:09:35 CEST 2006

gv schreef:
> Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
>
>> gv schreef:
>>

>>>   Hi,
>>>
>>>   Just installed, flawlessly, this beta version. Looks great and seems
>>> slightly more reactive. The thunar app seems quick too, but I'm not sure
>>> about the desktop... anyway, my first problem is to recover my configs
>>> (panel, menus, etc.): I tried to delete  ~/.cache/xfce4 and
>>> ~/.cache/xfce4 but no  way... I still  have the taskbar and minimalist
>>> panel... New ways to do it?
>>>
>>>   Thank you in advance (and thanks for this wonderful xfce4),
>>>
>     Thanks, Jasper, for your quick answer.
>
>> You will have to create your panel configuration again I'm afraid. The
>> new panel can not use the old configuration
>>
>     Ouch! That's a lot of work... I suppose I could use the "old" rc
> file to help to recreate a config file... But which one, now? I do not
> understand how this version works...

I don't think that is going to work, each plugin now has its own
configuration file.

For recreating launchers it is probably fastest to use drag and drop of
.desktop files if they are available for the programs you want. DND from
xfce4-appfinder should work.

>     And, BTW, how could I install the plugins I used to install in the
> panel (is it possible)?

I don't think there are many official packages for the plugins yet, but
I do know many of them have been ported. Does anyone have a list of
ported plugins for 4.4?

Sorry for the trouble,

	Jasper