Thunar 0.3.0 and libexo 0.3.1.6 beta1 releases

Bob Snyder bob.snyder at cox.net
Tue Apr 18 05:07:26 CEST 2006

Benedikt Meurer wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I just released Thunar-0.3.0beta1 and libexo-0.3.1.6beta1 as part of
> Xfce 4.4BETA1 (separate tarballs are provided for users of Xfce 4.2.x
> that don't want to upgrade yet, and users of other desktop
> environments). As suggested by the name, it is a beta release and it is
> thereby considered to be more or less stable in what it does, but it is
> still not a final version.
>
> You will need atleast libxfce4util 4.2.2, GTK+ 2.6.4, shared-mime-info
> 0.15 and desktop-file-utils 0.10 to build and run Thunar. In addition
> Gamin or FAM are highly recommended to enable file system monitoring in
> Thunar. For HAL support on Linux, the libhal-storage-devel package is
> required (0.5.0 or above). The README file contains a complete list of
> dependencies and optional packages.
>
> The official announcement is available at:
> http://thunar.xfce.org/news.html#2006-04-16
>
> Additional (updated) screenshots are available at:
> http://thunar.xfce.org/screenshots.html
>
> The source tarballs can be downloaded from:
> http://thunar.xfce.org/download.html#0.3.0
>
> Installation instructions and documentation are available at:
> http://thunar.xfce.org/pwiki/
>
> Please report bugs to the Xfce Bug Tracker (product "Thunar") at:
> http://bugzilla.xfce.org/
>
> Benedikt

Thanks Benedikt and other devs for all the work that went to Thunar. It
really works great.

I've waited until now to try it. I wanted it to be a bit more stable
than it was being described, and also I thought incorrectly that it
needed xfce 4.4 to run. It runs great for me under 4.2 and I'm very
happy with it. I've gone through a lot of file managers and I'll
probably stay with Thunar. It really is _fast_.

One question: What is the icon theme shown in the screen shots at
thunar.xfce.org?

Bob S.