Two pane file manager : TuxCommander

Mateusz Łoskot mateusz at loskot.net
Mon Apr 17 20:45:46 CEST 2006

Ian bell wrote:
> Mateusz Łoskot wrote:
>> Ian bell wrote:

>>> Isn't that an oxymoron ;-)
>>
>> Heh, no, it isn't. It'd be if I said: I'm a "C with classes" purist
>> ;-)
>
> It's just that C++ is anything but pure - it's a hybrid language.

I see your point now.
But you could say the same about Java or C# and other OO language.
Going this way you could educe that only Smalltalk is a pure OOP language.
Second, I think hybridisation is not a weakness, it's an effect of
evulution. This makes C++ a multi-paradigm language that gives you
powerful tool in your hands, if properly used, otherwise you
can shoot yourself in the foot very easily :-)

Please, note, I'm not a programming languages researcher,
I just know a few programming languages and my opinion is based on some
comparison.

Cheers
--
Mateusz Łoskot