Xfce 4.4 in Ubuntu Dapper [was Re: Desktop icons documentation]

Mişu Moldovan dumol at gnome.ro
Mon Apr 10 11:42:57 CEST 2006

În data de Lu, 10 apr 06 la 05:31, Todd Slater a scris:
> On 4/9/06, Andrew Conkling <andrew.conkling at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 4/9/06, Brian J. Tarricone <bjt23 at cornell.edu> wrote:
> > > (And frankly, I'm annoyed that Ubuntu keeps packaging
> > > experimental stuff.)
> >
> > I thought it was just me.  I'll save the rant for another day (and
> > certainly not on this list), but it's just idiotic (and
> > inconsistent).
>
> In (X)ubuntu's defense, I am running a development release so I
> expect to run into certain "issues" here and there, but I see your
> point.

You're right, for now... Ubuntu Dapper is experimental and so is the
not-yet-released Xfce 4.4. The catch is that Ubuntu has to release
Dapper on June 1st (see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DapperReleaseSchedule
for details) and Xfce 4.4 could well be still unreleased on the 1st of
June.

Then I guess the Xubuntu users (version Dapper) will be stuck to an
experimental version of Xfce 4.4 until the next release of Ubuntu.

I wonder if there are any Xubuntu developers around here to further
comment on this...

--
     .
/^)/_/(/