getting back from filemanager

Richard richard.bown at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Apr 7 06:09:44 CEST 2006

Hi
I use xfce4 on remote machines,
normal desktop display when VNC'ng in to it.
All functions with L,R and middle mouse buttons, think the panel may
even be there.

But I click on the file manager, I get one black screen and three icons,
the computer, home, and run,,, useful.

How do I get back from that state of xfce4 to the normal desktop  ??

The only way I've found is to reboot the remote machine , which seems a
bit OTT

TIA
Richard