usb flash pen

Timothy White xfce.users at weirdo.bur.st
Thu Apr 6 12:27:01 CEST 2006

On 4/6/06, Richard <richard.bown at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> hi all, I use xfce4 for remote desktops over a vnc , nice DM, and quick.
> I would like to be able to put my usb flash pen in the usb socket an see it.
> ie similar to gnome where an icon appears, ands click on to see the
> contents.

This is something you'll need to look into Rox, or Thunar about. Not
sure if ether of them can detect devices that aren't in fstab, like
Gnome does. I know Thunar will show you devices in the shortcut's
pane, and you can mount and unmount them (mount is automatic when you
access the device).

> Also maybe to use VOIP on that machine with a USB headset ??.
> ( I  do have major problem on the main machine with skype due to the
> sound cards)

This is not related to XFCE at all. XFCE is just a Desktop
Environment, VoIP has extra software, and as you know, other hardware
requirements.

Tim
--
Linux Counter user #273956