panel-plugins for xfce 4.3.0 (unstable)

maxschleiss at bluewin.ch maxschleiss at bluewin.ch
Mon Apr 3 18:23:32 CEST 2006

>-- Original-Nachricht --
>Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 11:42:36 +0200
>From: maxschleiss at bluewin.ch
>Subject: panel-plugins for xfce 4.3.0 (unstable)
>To: xfce at xfce.org
>

>Hello all,
>I installed a daily-snapshot from xfce, taken from the thunar daily-snapshot
>link. I am running gentoo and had to add --prefix=/usr to the .configure
>command. All worked well and it feels good using this new version with a
>lot lot lot of good new features.
>Now I tried installing a plugin for the panel using the standard gentoo
package
>but that did not work out. It complained about some i18n.h file and libxfce4util.h
>file. From what I understood the i18n file will not be used in the future
>and I should use libxfce4util.h instead, so I did. I had to change some
*.c
>files in the src dir and all compiled and installed well. Being no programmer
>I have to say this is all chinese/magic to me.
>Now it seems the plugin is installed in the same folder as the other plugins
>in /usr/lib/xfce4/panel-plugins.
>Now my problem is that the plugin does not appear in the plugin list as
>click right "Add New Item".
>What else should I do to make it work?
>Thank you in advance for the kind answer.
>Maximilian Schleiss

Hi Max,
this is you answering yourself again, sorry folks hope this does not bother
people too much. By reading the forum I found this:
http://forum.xfce.org/index.php?topic=2384.0
The API for the plugins changed and so the old plugins don't work anymore
but thanks to M.Huijsmans some of these have been ported.
Hope this helps some.
Max.