Display :0.1 panel settings/started applications are not saved

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Sun Apr 2 10:03:02 CEST 2006

Erika Meier schreef:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am using X in bigdesktop mode with the same graphics adapter and two
> monitors attached. On the second Monitor I start up another panel to be
> able to run progrems however whatever customization I make to the panel
> and whatever program I run it does not get saved to the session so I
> end up redoing all the changes I made to the panel over and over again.

Yes, I'm afraid this is a problem with the current stable panel. It may
work if you restart the panel while the session is running. To do that,
open a terminal and run 'killall -USR1 xfce4-panel' (without the quotes).

If that doesn't work, maybe you can try compiling by hand this version
of the panel: http://www.xfce.org/archive/test/xfce4-panel-4.2.3.1.tar.gz .

> When logging in to a new session, the applications that ran on :0.1 in
> the previous session are now in :0.0 which is really annoying because
> there I have to close them and start them up in :0.1 again.
> What am I missing? Is there some way I can help to fix this?

This is a different problem and I'm afraid I have no idea how to fix this.

	Jasper