Is the weather plugin hazardous?

Patrick Wiseman pwiseman at mindspring.com
Sat Apr 1 04:28:08 CEST 2006

Is it possible that the weather plugin messes with my DSL?  My DSL's been
a bit flaky lately - on for mere minutes and then off again - and I've
been trying, somewhat unscientifically I'll admit, to eliminate causes.
Thinking (superstitiously) that the weather plugin might have something to
do with my problems, I removed it, and was reliably connected for at least
24 hours.  I re-enabled it, and was disconnected about 2 hours later.
I've again disabled it, and am connected now for several hours.

Is it purely coincidental or is the weather plugin doing something in its
relentless checking for weather data which might bring down my DSL?

Patrick