Using checkinstall in svn build

Foxy foxy at on-the-hill.me.uk
Wed Sep 28 01:27:12 CEST 2005

I mean the following. I run ./autogen.sh, then make and then
checkinstall to build and install a deb. So I've  got this in the process:

> **** Debian package creation selected ***
>
> *** Warning: The package name "         xfce4-toys" contains upper case
> *** Warning: letters. dpkg might not like that so I changed
> *** Warning: them to lower case.
>
> This package will be built according to these values:
>
> 0 -  Maintainer: [ root at neclaptop ]
> 1 -  Summary: [         Various tools for xfce4. ]
> 2 -  Name:    [ xfce4-toys ]
> 3 -  Version: [         4.3.0 ]
> 4 -  Release: [         1 ]
> 5 -  License: [ GPL ]
> 6 -  Group:   [                 User Interface/Desktops ]
> 7 -  Architecture: [ i386 ]
> 8 -  Source location: [ xfce4-toys ]
> 9 -  Alternate source location: [  ]
> 10 - Requires: [        xfce4-panel >= 4.2.0 ]

As you can see, there are spaces before 3-  Version, 4 - Release and 10
- Requires. Also there are >= after dependencies. Well, I can manually
ge rid of space in version and release, but it is not possible with
Requires. If I proceed, the building of deb failed with the following
message: