nautilus cann't show icons correctly under xfce

pizurica at neobee.net pizurica at neobee.net
Wed Sep 14 09:30:12 CEST 2005

Ben Bernard <mking007cn at gmail.com> wrote :

> Thank u for ur suggestion but it don't work. I use SuSE 9.3 and its
> gnome's default install location is /opt/gnome/. I creat two
> symlinking: /opt/gnome/share/icons/hicolor to
> /usr/opt/share/icons/My_Icon_Theme_Fold and /usr/share/icons/hicolor to
> /usr/opt/share/icons/My_Icon_Theme_Fold. but it still can't take any
> effect.

Again, I'm at work now, but maybe try this:

Put into ~/.gtkrc-2.0 (or create it if missing):
gtk-icon-theme-name = "Bluecurve" <-change Bluecurve to your prefered icon theme
Other option is to start gnome-settings-daemon, but AFAIK you would have to kill xfce-settings-daemon first, which is not good solution.

Hope this helps
Nick