4.2 now in debian testing - questions

Patrick Wiseman pwiseman at mindspring.com
Tue Sep 6 16:12:07 CEST 2005

On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 at 7:38am, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:

:Alexander Toresson schreef:
:...
:>
:> I guess this could be worked around by adding options that allow you
:> to enable this feature for just vertical or just horizontal movement.
:> Maybe this is already in the svn?
:>
:
:AFAIK it depends on the orientation of the pager. Workspaces are layed
:out exactly as they are shown in the pager, so if you have a 2x2 pager,
:you can switch workspaces on all screen edges.

The graphical pager, you mean?  Mine are laid out 1x4, and I could indeed
move horizontally and not vertically - before I disabled that feature in
order to have the panel and taskbar unhide properly - but, even though
moving vertically through workspaces was not enabled, the panel and
taskbar were still hesitant.  Now that I've disabled edge-switching, they
perform as expected.

It _would_ be nice if horizontal edge-switching worked and the panel and
taskbar, at bottom and top respectively, were unaffected.

Patrick