4.2 now in debian testing - questions

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Mon Sep 5 16:38:06 CEST 2005

Patrick Wiseman schreef:
> On Thu, 4 Aug 2005 at 2:08pm, I wrote:
>
> :No weather plugin?
>
> It turns out the Debian goodies package, for whatever reason, doesn't
> include the weather plugin, which is packaged separately.
>
> :Both taskbar and panel (which I autohide) seem to be awfully picky about
> :where the mouse pointer is before they show up - is there somewhere I can
> :adjust the sensitivity?
>
> Having used 4.2 for a month now, I still find this an irritant, but I
> guess there's no way to adjust it.

Hmm, this should be a FAQ somewhere...

Q. I can't make the panel and/or the taskbar show up in Xfce 4.2. What's
happening?

A. This is caused by a conflict between the autohide option and the
window manager setting to change workspaces when the mouse reaches the
end of the screen. Starting with Xfce 4.2 the top and bottom edges of
the screen may also be used by the window manager to switch workspaces
with the mouse. To solve the issue you have to turn off this setting in
the window manager settings dialog.

I hope that helps.

	Jasper