problem with gtk2-2.8.0

Siposs Attila sipiatti at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 09:37:56 CEST 2005

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 09:03:31 +0200, simone marchi
<simone.marchi at ilc.cnr.it> wrote:

> Dear all,
> I've updated gtk2 to version 2.8.0 (the latest release from SuSE update
> for 9.1).
>
> Now I've a problem with process bar (barra dei processi in Italian):
> The windows's titles are too much long to being properly visualized.
> I'm using XFCE 4.2.2.
>
> here an example of the problem:
> http://tinyurl.com/bjpw3
>
> thank you in advance.
>
> ciao simone

only tipp: try to reinstall xfce 4.2.2 with the graphic installer
provided by oscillation (if your current xfce in /usr then correct
the /usr/local path to /usr when it is asked for) because it is
installing from source, and the recompilation often solve such problems.

if it won't be successful, try to fallback to the previous gtk version. :(

greetings
sipiatti

"Linux is like a wigwam: no windows, no gates, but apache inside..."
(from HUP)
skype: sipiatti
MSN: sipiatti at gmail.com (chat only by gaim)
ICQ: 234041037 (by gaim)