change default text editor?

Edscott Wilson Garcia edscott at xfce.org
Tue Oct 25 19:54:34 CEST 2005

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005, maxschleiss at bluewin.ch wrote:

>> I'd like to change xffm's default text editor to gedit and have it appear
>> on the right-click menu as an option.  Can't figure out how to do it.
>
> Hi,
> I had the same question and the author answered me that this option will
> be added in some future build of xffm.

Will appear in 4.3.4. The feature is already coded but is not yet in
svn due to the server migration in process. It will show up in the
following days.

It works (will work) with the environment variable XFFM_DEFAULT_EDITOR.
You just set this to the editor of your choice with mcs manager (if
running xfce-mcs-manager) or else in the normal way to set envars.

regards,